Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 and New Things

2013 and I think there might be some changes. I don't want to make it too complicated so we'll see how this goes.

I'd like to get rid of the automatic video for every drawing thing. I don't think people are ordering because of it. Not to mention the fact that between set up, video download, and then editing, it takes longer than the actual drawing. I'd rather spend more time on the drawings. So, I think that if you want the video, it'll be extra. (But not much.)

The other thing is, I think I'm going to raise the rates. I always hate doing this, but I think I've received enough positive response that going up a few bucks won't hurt anything. And finally, I'm going to try something new. Since I collect Lego, I'm going to list a wish-list from Lego.com. Instead of paying with PayPal, new clients can pay by ordering a set of Lego. The list will show items between $20 and $50. It'll be a range of prices per size of drawing, so for instance a $20-25 set will get you a 5x7. A $40-45 set will get an 8x10. If you want a video with it, that would be the $30-35 or $50 sets.

This is an experiment. I think it'll be fun, and completely optional. But I do have fans on here, so feel free to let me know what you think!

Thanks!

PS - Also having completed a 14x17 portrait, I also wanted to point out that 8x10 isn't the biggest I'll do.  Just keep in mind that larger sizes mean more shipping costs and more time.

No comments: