Friday, July 20, 2007

024_drew_karen

This one was a little tough. With regular portraits I can just take a photo and add some gears or hydrolics and metal plating and come up with an android look. With the random robots, since I've been doing it so much lately, I can make it up on the fly. Designing Transformers is a different animal. I went through about 8 pages of sketches just to get the design down, but I think it was worth it.

024_drew_karen

For reference, here are the motorcycles I used.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you have pencils laid out first. Otherwise, I'm gonna cry myself to sleep at night at not having your skill.

-Ama

Unknown said...

Well, not detailed. I just put down some blue lines for basic location of parts. All the detail is done on the fly.

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to love and hate someone at the same time?

Kidding. Keep it up man.
-Ama